The Story that is My Life

My life as it has been and as it continues to unfold is a story. One story made up of many stories. One complex, yet simple story. One sometimes messy, but so beautiful story. One story that I wonder if it might be interesting to be told.

This blog is my attempt to put part, or parts, of that story into words, pictures, or whatever form my mind can wrap itself around or create from within myself to express what it is like to be the one inside Cindy's Story. This is an exploration on my part and on yours in reading, and seeing, and maybe even hearing. It is not necessarily chronological. It might not always make sense, but it is my expression. It is me.

You are invited to see how my story unfolds.....

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Awfulsome Moment #3

For a year, I rode my bicycle to and from work every day.  I was always very careful to wear my helmet, use lights at night, wear bright clothing, ride on roads with bike lanes, and watch out for crazy and un-alert drivers.  I was as safe as I could be.

I worked at a clinic in a hospital.  I left work around 6:00pm one Tuesday night and was riding my bike along road.  I had only gone one block when suddenly, a guy in a parked car opened his car door directly into my shoulder.  I was knocked off my bike into the middle of the road.  Luckily no cars were coming, but I had blood running down my leg and a huge bruising knot on my shoulder.

The guy in the car was very shocked and apologizing.  I ended up just walking home with my bike, happy that my bike or I had at least left a mark on his car door.

The awfulsome thing is that the next day when I was walking in to the hospital to go to work, I saw a flyer on the door giving directions to the room for the "Driver Safety Class" on Tuesday nights at 6pm!  I don't think the guy that hit me had learned very much in his class yet!